JACEK LASKOWSKI, MD PhD
Specialist (consultant) in traumatology and orthopedics
Specialist (consultant) in traumatology and orthopedics Specialist in Birmingham Hip Resurfacing (BHR) operations (leading in Poland in BHR and BMHR)
Click here to watch Dr Laskowski's Video Interview
- Hip and lower limbs surgeries
- Treatment of pathologies of the hallux valgus
Scope of operations:
- Hip replacements
- Hip resurfacing BHR, BMHR
- Knee replacements
- Hallux valgus surgeries
- Hip Surgeries
- As the first in Poland he began to perform operations resurfacing total hip way of BHR.
- From 2003 to today, he performed more than 500 operations this method with very good results. Only 3 patients had to be done revision prosthesis which represents 0.75%. Performs complex operations including hip arthroplasty revisions and corrections deformation.
- He is scientific director of the research project funded by a grant from NCBiR Fri. "Mathematical modeling in planning treatment of lower limb osteotomy" The project was performed among others. 250 hallux valgus correction operation different methods.
- Since 2012 it is one of the experts Department of Health on the web portal dedicated to the cultivation of football by children and adolescents: www.extratime.tvp.pl.
Publications, conferences and public speakings:
Research and publications:
- Quadriceps and hamstring atrophy and weakness after the knee trauma and operational treatment. Clinical, dynamometrical and EMG evaluation (Research study and paper for the PhD grade)
- Quadriceps and Hamstring Atrophy and Weakness After the Knee Trauma and Treatment (Laskowski J.M., Pomianowski S., Orłowski J.)
- Quadriceps and hamstring strength after anterior cruciate ligament rupture treated operatively with Leeds-Keio prosthesis and without surgery (Laskowski JM, Pomianowski S, Orłowski J)
- Internal fixation in the treatment of radial head fractures (Pomianowski S, Sawicki G, Laskowski J.)
- Birmingham Hip Resurfacing arthroplasty in Carolina Medical Center (Laskowski JM Acta Clinica 2003 Lato; tom 3, Nr 2 , 167-172)
Current research study:
- Return to physical activity after the Birmingham Hip Resurfacing arthtroplasty
- Planning of the first metatarsal osteotomy in CT and MRI in hallux valgus operational correction (project based on the grant from the Ministry of Science)